What’s included in this privacy notice?
Departures Limited (“Departures”) is a Brand & Design studio. You can find out more information about us here: departures.design.
This document (our “privacy notice”) sets out information relating to how we use personal information relating to individuals we have dealings with, including customers and suppliers. It also sets out information about what rights individuals have in relation to their personal information and various other matters required under data protection law.
Who does this privacy notice apply to?
This privacy notice applies to our customers / clients, suppliers and people who contact us via our website.
How will we use your personal information?
In relation to our customers and clients we usually collect your name and contact details and we will use the information to supply goods and / or services to you and to communicate with you about such supply. This is necessary for us to perform the contract between us or to take steps prior to entering into the contract. We usually keep records relating to any purchase of goods or services you make for ten (10) years in case any contractual disputes arise and also to ensure we have the necessary information about the goods and / or services provided should you wish to engage us again.
With our suppliers we usually collect your name, contact details and bank account details and we will use the information to enter into an agreement with you, to contact you, to administer the agreement between us and to pay you. This is necessary for us to perform the contract between us or to take steps prior to entering into the contract. We will retain your personal information for the duration of the provision of services and for 7 years thereafter in case there should be any contractual dispute.
For those who contact us via our website we collect your name, contact details and information regarding your enquiry. We use this information to correspond with you and answer any queries you may have. We consider that it is in our legitimate interests to do so. We retain your personal information until your query is dealt with.
When will we share your personal information with others?
We will never sell your personal information on to third parties. There will be some situations where, we will need to share your personal information with others, such as:
- Photographers, copywriters, animators, illustrators, printers, agents, couriers and other suppliers of delivery services where this is necessary to perform our contract with you.
- UK2 who host our website and are our email provider and iTeach who maintain our IT network.
- From time to time we may need to disclose your personal information in connection with steps we need to take to protect our business interests or property.
- On occasion, we may be required to disclose your personal information to organisations such as the courts or the police to comply with legal obligations we are subject to and / or to prevent fraud or crime.
- We may need to disclose your personal information to our professional advisers (for example, our lawyers and accountants) in connection with the provision by them of professional advice and / or the establishment or defence of legal claims.
- To other parties in connection with a sale or merger of the business (such as potential purchasers or investors).
We do not envisage needing to send your personal data outside the UK.
What rights do you have under data protection law?
Under data protection law, you have a number of different rights relating to the use of your personal information. More information about your rights and our obligations can be found on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you can make a request by contacting us on these details — firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can you get in touch with us?
Aled Phillips oversees our compliance with data protection law and this privacy notice. His details are email@example.com. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, how we handle your personal information or if you wish to make a complaint, please contact Aled Phillips, with the subject reference “Privacy notice”.
Right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Officer.
If we are unable to deal with a complaint to your satisfaction or if you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal data, you also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the UK’s supervisory authority for data protection issues, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to our privacy notice.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. If we make any substantial updates, we will provide you with a new privacy notice. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit.
They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We use Google Analytics to collect anonymised data on people who are visiting our website.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for all communications sent via or to this website and agree to your use of this website for private, proper and lawful purposes only. You will not carry out any act or omission or procure any act or omission which would:
- Damage, delay, interrupt or impair the use of this website or its software.
- Cause any illegal, offensive, defamatory material to be placed on or associated with this website.
- Be in breach of any copyright, trademark, privacy, confidence, or any other third party right; or Cause any inconvenience to Departures Limited, its employees, servants, agents, software and other suppliers or any other third party (including, without limitation, creating or procuring software viruses, chain letters, unsolicited communications and “spam”).
In the event that you breach any of these conditions, you will indemnify and keep indemnified Departures Limited, its parent, subsidiaries, associated companies, employees, servants, agents, professional advisors, suppliers and affiliates from time to time against all damages, losses, claims, costs, charges, awards, orders, judgments and other liabilities suffered or threatened as a result of a breach of these conditions.
Limitation of liability
We will not be liable for any loss of revenue, loss of profit, loss of contract, loss of business or any anticipated savings, loss of goodwill or reputation, or any special, indirect or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of or in connection with this agreement.
We also have no liability of any sort (including for negligence) for the acts or omissions of other providers of telecommunications services or for faults in or failures of their networks and equipment.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our affiliates and agents and our and their respective officers, directors and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this agreement or your violation of any law or rights of a third party.
Trademarks and copyright
Our trademarks include (amongst others) the Departures brand, brand name, logos and marks.
Departures is a registered trademark.
Trademarks may be in use and / or registered in more than one country and your use and access to our website do not give you any rights to use our trademarks.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All content included on this website (including, without limitation, the trademarks within this website, logos, graphics, text, photos, designs, logos, icons, images, data and software) is the property of Departures Limited, its affiliates and licensors and as such is protected by international and UK copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Any copyright or other intellectual property in these web pages is owned by or licensed to us. It is absolutely prohibited for you to reproduce all or any part of the contents of this website except in accordance with this agreement.
We grant you the following limited license to copy the contents of this website:
- You may download or print pages from this website BUT ONLY for your own personal use and you may not make any modifications to them.
- You may re-copy, extract or forward pages from this website to a third party for their personal use only, provided you:
- Do not make any modifications to the extract or pages before re-copying, extracting or forwarding.
- Acknowledge that the extract is from this website.
- Include the URL address of this website on the extract.
- Notify the third party that use and further copying of the extract by them is subject to the terms of this license.
Data over the internet
The internet is a global network — therefore there are cases where your data travels internationally. We want you to know that if you visit Departures Limited, you're agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.